- Genre: Horror Drama
- Subtitles: English
- Directed by: Low Ngai Yuen, James Lee, Ng Tian Hann, Ho Yuhang
- Executive Producer: Lina Tan
- Theater Screenings: Malaysia, Singapore
- Shooting format: Panasonic Mini DV
- Screening format: Betacam SP (PAL)
- Duration: 110 minutes
- Production: Red Films
- Year of Production: 2004
- Distributor: Red Films Sdn. Bhd.
- Availability: Worldwide except Videogramme,
- Theatrical & PTV for Malaysia/Spore/Brunei
- Distribution Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2004 Tokyo International Film Festival - Winds of Asia
2nd Malaysian Film Festival 2005 (Cathay Organization, Singapore)
VISITS is a culmination of four interwoven ghost stories set during this festival. The stories are linked together by one theme. Each half-hour story features a range of interesting characters. The film is set in cosmopolitan Kuala Lumpur .
Four award-winning directors Low Ngai Yuen, James Lee, Ho Yuhang and Ng Tian Hann were selected by Executive Producer Lina Tan. The treatment of each story is unique. While catering to mainstream audiences the stories are also artistic in its presentation.
Ngai Yuen’s 1413 opens the movie with two teenagers whose suicide attempts go awry when one of them survives. This is followed by James Lee’s moving piece Waiting For Them, a story about two friends and a ghost that comes between them. Hann’s Nodding Scoop is a prediction ritual where the people call upon a spirit to embody a hanging scoop. A young filmmaker and his friends attempt to document this ritual get more than what they bargain for. Yuhang’s Anybody home? is a story about a deadly obsession.
Carmen Soo, Ying Ling (newcomer), Ian Yeoh Kok Wei, Ling Tang, Amy Len, Kok Liang, Wong Sze Zen, Jackie Lim, Pete Teo, Adlin Raman Ramlie.
For director's profile, please click here for more